I. What is Fibromyalgia?
- Fibromyalgia is widespread muscle pain with no specific cause.
- To make a diagnosis, pain must be in at least 11 of 18 specific trigger points.
- Fibromyalgia affects both men and women; however, women are more commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia often begins during the peri-menopausal years in women
II. Symptoms of Fibromyalgia in Women
This characteristic pain may be accompanied by:
- Fibromyalgia is most common in women (about 90 percent of patients are women)
- pain in muscles and joints fatigue
- trouble sleeping
- jaw pain and stiffness
- anxiety and depression
- extreme sensitivity
- cold or flu-like symptoms
III. Fibromyalgia treatment. The importance of your gut
The importance of well-functioning bowels
- It is important to improve digestion.
- We eat every day and our gut has to absorb and make nutrients.
- If you can't absorb healthy fats, then omega-3 supplementation won't help you either.
- If your intestines cannot make vitamin B, which give us energy, then you have no energy.
- If you don't produce enough serotonin, you experience more pain and you probably also feel depressed.
- We get vitamin D from the sun, which is converted into the absorbable form in our liver and kidneys. If they don't work properly, you will be deficient in vitamin D.
IV. Some possible causes of fibromyalgia:
- allergy chemicals and foods
- viruses (in practice, natural anti-viral agents are used)
- wrong intestinal flora (determined by stool examination)
- hormonal disturbance (determined by saliva test)
- bad digestion
- candida overgrowth
- spine abnormalities
- stress or hidden emotions
- Deficiency of neurotransmitters such as serotonin
Fibromyalgia treatment. Find a cause. Experience from my park
- I often see in practice that people with long-term conditions or autoimmune diseases have a link with digestive problems.
- If you do not have intestinal complaints, it does not mean that you are free of complaints. One in 8 people (statistic from the lab studies) suffer from abdominal pain. The other 7 have no intestinal complaints but they are linked to the functioning of the intestines.
- Suppose you have skin conditions or constant itching, is it from your skin? No, from the inside! Bacteria, parasites or fungi create waste products. If your secretory organs (liver, kidneys, lungs) are not able to remove waste products properly, they will look for another way, through your skin.
- Do you often feel like carbohydrates such as bread, cookies, crackers, etc? Chances are that yeast overgrowth is present. They need sugars to grow. Because, our body makes sugars from carbohydrates!
- Do you have fibromyalgia or other aches and pains in your body? I often see women with fibromyalgia that they have leaky gut. If you have leaky gut you have no defense mechanism against pathogens. Everything flows in as through the open windows.
- These people, most women are often sensitive not to one but several foods.
- With the help of stool examinations I see that these people have inflammation in their intestines and/or parasites or overgrowth of bacteria.
- If your immune system is strong enough (because 80% from immune cells are produced in your gut), you will be able to tackle those pathogens in time.
- Often these women have depressive thoughts. Did you know that serotonin, our "happiness hormone", is a natural antidepressant and pain reliever hormone? It is produced 80-90% in our intestines!!!
- Do you now understand the importance of our gut?
- Moreover, these women are very emotional or just hide the emotions. The deeper your emotions hide, the deeper your complaints can be. I have experienced this myself. From childhood I hid my emotions that no one could hurt me. In the end I developed irritable bowel syndrome, burnout, skin complaints, depression, migraine etc. Yes, I have a lot of baggage 🙂 Fortunately I came into contact with methods to process these hidden emotions. What a relief! I am still learning to use these methods but I can help all my clients to process certain emotions.
- Do you have fibromyalgia or a long-term condition? Don't wait, seek help to find and tackle the cause!
- As a holistic therapist I look for a cause and not just to fight symptoms.
V. Fibromyalgia Treatment. Natural Remedies For Fibromyalgia
The Fibromyalgia Diet
The fibromyalgia diet consists mainly of eating fruits, vegetables, nuts, sprouted seeds and organic wild meats. Here are the top foods to cure fibromyalgia.
- green leafy vegetables, essential foods for fibromyalgia – contain essential minerals such as magnesium, for optimal health and well-being.
- Lean protein – helps muscles and tissues to maintain energy and proper functioning.
- Fermented foods and cultured dairy – probiotic foods such as yogurt, kefir or sauerkraut help prevent candidiasis, a cause of fibromyalgia.
- Omega-3 fats – help reduce inflammation and may reduce pain associated with fibromyalgia.
- Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, C, E – fruits, vegetables and herbs are powerful sources against this disease.
V (1) Natural remedies for fibromyalgia. Dietary supplements.
Top 7 Natural Remedies For Fibromyalgia
Here are the best supplements and natural remedies for fibromyalgia:
Fibromyalgia is linked to a magnesium deficiency. It also helps relax the nerves and muscles. The best absorbable forms of magnesium: Bisglycinate, citrate or malate – these are also good for energy
2. Fish oil
The anti-inflammatory properties of fish oil help reduce pain. Fish oil contains two very important omega-3 PUFAs. I'm talking about docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). DHA and EPA are also referred to as the marine omega-3s because they come mainly from fish. The best fatty fish: wild-caught salmon, herring, whitefish, sardines and anchovies. Supplementation is also possible of course. Don't know which one contact me.
3. Vitamin D3
Vitamin D is one of the most important natural remedies for fibromyalgia symptoms. Almost have 80% of people in the Netherlands vitamin D deficiency! In fibromyalgia I would recommend at least 100 mg of vitamin D3.
Helps relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia by improving cellular energy.
A study shows that taking a ribose supplement can help improve sleep, improve energy levels, reduce your well-being and pain.
5. Rhodiola and Ashwagandha
Adaptogen herbs help improve metabolic function and reduce mental stress.
Curcuma longa (preferably curcumin, an active form) can relieve many common symptoms of fibromyalgia, including pain, inflammation, digestive upset and depression. In fact, curcumin according to a study, one of the most potent anti-inflammatory agents available, beating both aspirin and ibuprofen.
Boswellia Serrata, also known as Frankincense, has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. Boswellia has been shown to be very helpful in treating inflammation and pain.
V (2). Fibromyalgia treatment. Avoid inflammation-promoting foods.
The Fibromyalgia Diet
Gluten – can cause autoimmune problems, is pro-inflammatory and can make fibromyalgia worse. This study found that gluten elimination has the potential to improve fibromyalgia symptoms (Research on Pubmed).
Gluten can cause SIBO (bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine) and leaky gut and SIBO and leaky gut can cause gluten and other food intolerances.
Any potential food allergen – try to determine which foods you are allergic to and eliminate those from your diet. An elimination diet is a very effective way to determine food intolerances. Otherwise do a test for food intolerance.
Most common allergens: gluten, dairy, shellfish, soy and peanuts.
Sugar – increases pain and inflammation.
Processed foods or foods with additives – these foods contain chemicals that will make your condition worse: ready meals, chips, sweets, etc
Too much alcohol and caffeine – can lead to a lack of minerals and dehydration.
nightshade vegetables (potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and eggplant), often people with fibromyalgia cannot tolerate this nightshade vegetable. Try the elimination diet.
VI. Changing Lifestyle to Relieve Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Fibromyalgia Natural Treatment
Changing daily habits can improve fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Reduce stress.
- Think of mild form of exercise: walking, yoga, swimming
- Chiropractic care such as osteopathy or massage can help reduce muscle tension.
VII. Emotional Counseling for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Many people with fibromyalgia have gone through emotional trauma and counseling can greatly improve recovery.
- Seek help to clear emotional blocks. Therapists such as hypnotherapists, kinesiologists or therapists who work with psychosomatic complaints.
- Relaxing activities can increase healing.
- Not sure where to start? I can help you with a direction and take first steps.
- I also received this label from my doctor, but I didn't want to believe it and started to balance my body myself and to process my traumas and hidden emotions with the help of therapists. I feel fitter and more energetic now than I was in my 30s.
- Do not give up! Find a cause!
- Cause of Chronic Fatigue
- Fibromyalgia and gut flora
- Treat adrenal fatigue
- H.Pilory (stomach bacteria)
- Peptic ulcer symptoms and treatment
- Cure diabetes naturally
- Long-term diarrhea and treatment
- Are you deficient in iodine?
- Candida overgrowth treatment
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Fibromyalgia Diet
- Is fibromyalgia a chronic disease
- Fibromyalgia symptoms in women
- Treat rheumatism naturally
- fibromyalgia treatment alternative,