Orthomolecular Medicine is part of alternative medicine
Are you always tired, sleepy or are there inexplicable physical complaints?
Hopefully orthomolecular medicine is the answer you are looking for!
What is Orthomolecular Medicine?
Orthomolecular medicine is one of the alternative medicine. A form of healing that takes into account the whole person (holistic approach) - body, mind, emotions and nutrition.
One goal of orthomolecular medicine is to provide the body cells with optimal amounts of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and other necessary nutrients.
What does an orthomolecular doctor / therapist do?
Orthomolecular therapy is aimed at promoting health and / or repairing disease processes with the help of natural substances.
An orthomolecular doctor or therapist looks more broadly at the complaints of the client such as the relationship between intestinal flora and brain, unprocessed emotions, low-grade inflammation, viruses present or an unhealthy diet.
When is orthomolecular therapy used?
The orthomolecular therapy can be used for a variety of complaints and conditions that are often chronic in nature.
A shortage of nutrients can arise from the use of not always healthy food or during an illness and / or a certain period in your life. Consider, for example, extra vitamin C for flu and colds, extra folic acid during pregnancy, fish oil for skin problems, probiotics for intestinal complaints, depression or low immunity, etc.
Orthomolecular medicine can also be used preventively, for example to improve energy levels, reduce the risk of disease development and slow down the aging process.
Are there scientific studies of orthomolecular medicine?
- A growing number of scientific studies show that there is a relationship between nutrition and diseases. Mediterranean diet
- The influence of the intestinal flora on autoimmune diseases
- The influence of vitamin E on multiple sclerosis
- The impact of antioxidants on muscle strength training
- The role of vitamin D in osteoporosis
- These are a few examples of the importance of a healthy diet and nutritional supplements.
I am what I eat ?!
- Not true. You are actually what you digest. Your intestines must be in good condition to absorb all the good (or wrong) that you are working inward into your body. Your intestines are therefore the gateway to good health!
- That means that nutritional supplements are not always beneficial if your intestines cannot absorb the nutrients
- Do you have healthy intestines? Do the test.
How does an orthomolecular doctor or therapist work?
In my practice, Natural Medicine Practice Elena, we work together with a laboratory RP Analytics, physio practice Falcon Physio, hypnotherapist and other health care providers to take a broader view of the whole person.
In treatments, the emphasis is on nutrition and nutritional supplements, which are used as medicine. In addition, attention is given to the lifestyle of people.
What is orthomolecular therapy?
If someone has chronic conditions, is often sick and / or chronically tired, then there is no point in fighting symptoms.
In my practice I work holistically. Holistic healing involves the whole individual and not different parts of the body.
Laboratory, energetic studies and extensive questionnaires are indispensable in holistic orthomolecular therapy.
Do you have an autoimmune disease such as Arthritis, Hashimoto, Graves or MS? Do you have bowel problems? Do you want more energy? Or just ask the expert questions?
Antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 can now be measured in practice!
Antibodies persist longer than reported by the government since the start of the pandemic.
This natural immunity also works better than vaccination. People who had a SARS-CoV-2 infection at the start of the pandemic still show antibodies. But there are some exceptions.
I can now measure the antibodies with
Biomerica COVID-19 IgG/IgM rapid test.
– Result in 10 minutes
– 98% accuracy on IgG
– Costs: 29 Euro
- IgM – Het niveau van IgM-antilichamen begint na 1 week na de eerste infectie te stijgen.
- IgG verschijnt later dan IgM (meestal binnen 14 dagen na infectie) en 6 maanden of zelfs meerdere jaren kan aanhouden, wat betekent dat het IgG dient als een indicator van eerdere infectie.
A guide in the jungle of supplements
Buying supplements, but which ones? Sometimes it is difficult even for me, but fortunately it is my profession - orthomolecular medicine 🙂
If you need help to find the right supplements or good alternatives: I'm happy to help 🙂.