It's autumn and it's time to eat autumn vegetables including the pumpkin!
Pumpkin and 6 reasons why you should eat it.
1. It is one of the very low calorie vegetables. 100 g of fruit provides only 26 calories; however, it is rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants, minerals, vitamins. The vegetable is one of the foods recommended by dietitians in cholesterol control and weight loss programs.
2. Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory food!
3. They contain beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A) which is converted in the body into vitamin A. Like vitamin A, it provides good resistance and is important for vision and growth. It is also an essential vitamin for good visual vision. Fat is necessary for vitamin A production. So eat beta-carotene-rich vegetables and fruits along with fat such as coconut fat, coconut milk, butter, oil, avocado etc.
4. Pumpkin seeds are rich in protein and vegetable fatty acids that promote healthy skin, and improve brain function.
5. The pulp and seeds are rich in magnesium needed for bone and tooth health.
6. The fruit contains L tryptophan (a precursor in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitter serotonin), a chemical compound that activates a feeling of well-being and aids in depression. A lack of serotonin is often seen in people with sleeping problems, a spastic gut, fibromyalgia, a large craving for carbohydrates/sweets.
Pumpkin can be used in many delicious recipes whether baked, boiled; however, it is best to eat it steamed to get maximum nutrients. Did you know you can eat pumpkin peel?? Because you let the skin become nice and soft with cooking, you can use everything well.