The hormone diagnostics of saliva offers numerous advantages over the determination in blood:
- Saliva collection is non-invasive, painless and can be done at any time and location.
- The hormone determination in saliva is particularly useful, because only the free, biologically active part of the hormones is determined.
Hormones and hormone profiles in saliva can be determined:
Adrenal stress index (cortisol day profile, DHEA).
This test examines whether the following symptoms are caused by a reduced condition of the adrenal glands: fatigue, exhaustion, less resistance, strong mood swings, skin problems, osteoporosis, accelerated aging processes: deterioration of mental functions (including memory and concentration), reaction time and general physical condition.
- Cortisol (stress & anti-inflammatory hormone). When the body is under stress, cortisol production is increased. Changes in common cortisol levels indicate the body's response to stress.
- DHEA. It is produced in the adrenal cortex just like cortisol. Changes in DHEA levels indicate the degree of adaptation to stress.
- Female hormones (estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA)
With this test, dizziness, weakness, loss of strength, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, fertility problems, PMS complaints and menopause problems in the woman can become more apparent.
- Male hormones (testosterone, DHEA, estradiol)
This test can explain chronic and / or unexplained pain, fertility and libido problems, fatigue and concentration problems and loss of strength in men. To this end, the hormones estradiol, testosterone and DHEA are measured in saliva.
Do you have questions about the studies? Get in touch with me