What is the coronavirus?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially named the Wuhan virus disease SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2) severe acute respiratory syndrome, caused by the virus COVID-19.
Coronavirus treatments with vitamin C. Regular and natural treatment
Coronavirus treatments with high vitamin C
In these difficult and chaotic times I want to share this information of the possible treatments and prevention against the coronavirus. I have just returned from the Nutrition & Alternative Medicine seminar in London.
The advice for cleaning hands is good. But what if you get coronavirus?
There are essentially three possible options:
- antiviral drugs
- and a high dose of vitamin C plus other nutrients
Be kind to each other
- This is an unprecedented time, a 100-year pandemic. A time for us to be sober, candid and focused on what we can do to protect ourselves, our families, our communities and our country and be kind to one another.
- A time to hang out with family, take care of ourselves, cook and cherish the people and things we love. The more we can deal with the threat with calmness and kindness, the better we will be able to survive and prosper.
Let's start with the vaccines and drugs to put other approaches into context, as this is what mainstream medicine is likely to recommend.
Vaccines against coronavirus
Vaccines… don't be scared. It takes about five years to develop effective vaccines. An Ebola vaccine is only now undergoing safe trials, after five years of the outbreak.
Experts say this would be a miracle if it could be shortened to two years.
How the vaccines work
Vaccines work by teaching the immune system to make antibodies against a particular virus so that the immune system kicks in more quickly when exposed.
Flu vaccines have variable effectiveness, sometimes as low as 10%. This may be due to the selection of species.
The lesson here is that viruses can mutate. So a vaccine being developed against this strain of the coronavirus may not work or not work as well against another mutation of this virus.
Medicines against the virus
The most well-known drugs are amantadine, zanamivir and oseltamivir (Tamiflu). They apparently work and are given to most infected with coronavirus, but they have some pretty bad side effects that make the risk-benefit comparison for patients with weakened immune systems questionable.
An investigation by the UK House of Commons Committee of Public Accounts concluded in 2014: “There is no consensus on how well oseltamivir works, particularly whether it reduces complications and mortality.
Zanamivir and oseltamivir are 'neuramidase' inhibitors. When viruses enter cells, they use a protein called neuramidase to break out and infect other cells. Vitamin C is also a neuramidase inhibitor.
Treatment with dietary supplements
Treatment with dietary supplements
A study against bird flu.
In a cell study performed a blend of multiple nutrients, rich in vitamin C (green tea extract, lysine, proline, N-acetylcysteine, selenium) better than this drug in Asian bird flu testing (A/H5N1).
This is the conclusion of this study: 'NM (nutrient mixture) showed high antiviral activity, even visible for longer periods after infection.
The antiviral properties of NM were comparable to those of conventional drugs (amantadine and oseltamivir); However, NM had the advantage of affecting viral replication in the late stages of the infection process.
Vitamin C as prevention against viruses
Effect of Vitamin C
The good news is that high dose of intravenous (IV) vitamin C is already well known, safe to use and so it actually has no downside.
We won't know for sure how effective it is (same with the drugs currently being given and non-existent vaccines) until we have the results of the studies specifically against the coronoa virus. But three studies are underway — two with IV vit C, one in 8 grams versus 4 grams of oral vitamin C per day in less severely infected people.
Vitamin C has many mechanisms of action, including inhibition of neuramidase and production of interferon. It also promotes the maturation of T cells necessary for an immune response, and phagocytes that attack and neutralize viruses.
No virus has yet been tested that is not significantly affected in a high vitamin C environment, hence the need to have high oral or intravenous doses during acute infection.
Do you have any questions? contact me. Video consultations via Skype or whatsapp are possible and even advised.
High-dose use of Vitamin C in China
Doctors in China are already being encouraged to give IV vitamin C (24 grams per day) to people with severe respiratory disease similar to pneumonia. The ongoing investigation. They already have some seen remarkable healings in those who are not expected to recover.
Wouldn't it be possible to use the same method in Europe? It's cheap and safe. Why don't they put money into this like they did for vaccines?
Vitamin C against coronavirus and prevention
- Humans cannot make vitamin C themselves and are therefore completely dependent on food. Vitamin C is water soluble and is distributed throughout the body with the highest concentration in the adrenal glands and pituitary gland.
- Vitamin C, unlike vaccines, is now available to accelerate and potentially prevent coronavirus recovery. As a preventive agent to use 2 grams in divided dose. I use 2 to 3 grams every day, with a cold to 8 grams, every hour – 1 gram. In the worst case, you will get diarrhea or a loose chair.
Prevention against viruses with dietary supplements
Dietary supplements use as prevention against viruses
- Vitamin C, 2 – 3 grams, take good quality vitamin C with bioflavonoids, spread during the day
- Zinc, just like vitamin C, improves the functioning of the immune system and strengthens the response of the immune system, minimum 15gr per day
- Vitamin D is also important because it immune system modulates. Most immune cells have vitamin D receptors and some viruses reject it. This can be an important reason why viruses can settle in the winter. Have your vitamin D level measured, the ideal if it is above 50 nmol/l. In winter I recommend taking 25mcg (1,000iu) of vitamin D per day. Expose yourself to the sun whenever you can.
- Selenium. The mineral selenium also inhibits viral replication, probably at a daily dose of 200 mcg. This is more than you need if you are not infected. Selenium is critical for anti-oxidation enzymes that get depleted under viral attacks, so it's something you want to increase in severe infection.
- Probiotics (healthy gut bacteria) are also immune boosting agents. It is well known that a minimum of 70% of our immune cells are produced in our gut. Fermented foods and fiber play a major role in maintaining healthy intestinal flora.
Get healthy through a healthy lifestyle!
Fasting as prevention against bacteria and viruses
- Most viruses thrive in a high-glucose environment.
- If you go ketogenic ( low-carbohydrate food) all cells can operate on ketones that are generated from fat and autophagically, that will probably be of great help.
- Autophagy is a cellular cleanup program that targets and engulfs microbes such as viruses, which are caused by fasting. Fasting makes you ketogenic as your body switches to burning the body fat.
- If you don't know where to start, ask a nutritionist or orthomolecular therapist like myself to help you.
- So try to lose weight and manage a healthy weight
Intestines are the beginning of our health
70% of our immune cells are produced in our gut!
- Do you have problems with the intestines?
- Can you absorb nutrients?
- Do you have energy after eating?
- Do you have a healthy gut? Test
Get outside for a walk and exercise to get fitter! You also make vitamin D in the sun.
While you sleep, you produce your best antioxidant and relaxant, the hormone melatonin. After a good night's sleep you are fitter and more energetic, 8-9 hours is essential.
Latex gloves against coronavirus spread
A good tip if you have to keep working. Wear gloves
- The virus enters the body through the mucous membrane (mouth, nose and eyes). Usually it happens like this: You hit something that is infected, then a little later you hit your face with the same hand. This is how the virus gets on your mucous membrane. So mouth caps don't help the gloves so much.
- With the latex gloves you can do everything but wouldn't touch your face just like that, purely out of our behavioral habit.
- This way you prevent the spread of the virus.
- Of course you can get infected if someone coughs directly in your face, but the chance of infection is much less
Do you have any questions please contact with me on
- Webinar (online) “Tips to increase resistance” on March 23 at 8 p.m. Interested? Send me an email for the invitation.
- Are you always tired? What are the causes?
- Webinar “Tips to increase resistance”