low-carbohydrate diet experiences
I. What are carbohydrate products?
Carbohydrates are the sugars, starches and fiber found in grains, fruits, vegetables and milk products. Carbohydrates - one of the basic food groups - important to our healthy life.
Yet today we eat too much of it and this has a major impact on our health.
II. Which foods burn belly fat?
- Not just belly fat but fat everywhere. - Low-carb foods - healthy fats and proteins
- A low-carb diet focuses on non-starchy vegetables such as: broccoli, green beans, kale, green salads
- protein-rich foods such as meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheese, nuts and seeds, fats (oils, butter, olives and avocado).
III. Nutritionist could you help
Highly processed carbohydrate foods are limited or avoided in this diet.
Work with a registered nutritionist who can talk to you about your current eating habits and help you figure out the plan that works best for you.
IV. What do carbohydrates do to our body?
- Carbohydrates cause rising blood glucose levels (glucose is the product of the digestion and assimilation of carbohydrates), triggering the pancreas to secrete insulin. Insulin is the hormone that enables cells to take up blood glucose for energy.
- Insulin helps remove extra glucose from the blood and keep the body in homeostasis.
- When more glucose is present than the cells need - which often happens because they don't need an unlimited amount of energy - the excess glucose is converted into glycogen to be stored in the liver and muscle cells. Reserved glucose then awaits future use.
- When there is still a surplus available, the rest is converted to fat and stored in the body. Ketosis possibly breaks this cycle.
V. Keto diet (ketosis)
Low-carbohydrate food: more healthy fats
which foods burn belly fat
Eating low-carbohydrates is also called a ketogenic diet or keto diet. The Keto diet is one of the most effective diets out there if you want to control your blood sugar, lose weight, or get more energy.
Bottom Line: If you are on a keto diet, eat a diet low in carbohydrates and high in fat, especially healthy fat (vegetable fat). That means goodbye pasta and bread, hello cheese and oil. It's pretty much the opposite of what we've been taught all life.
VI. Benefits of being low in carbohydrates food and ketogenic diet scientific research.
Low-carbohydrate eating is nothing new and has been in the medical community for over a century for several purposes.
Based on decades of research, low-carb diets have been linked to benefits such as:
- fast weight loss (together to lose weight)
- reduced hunger
- better control of insulin and blood sugar (ketogenic diet scientific research)
- improved cognitive performance
- lower risk of heart disease
- reduced risk of certain types of cancer
VII. Losing weight and low-carbohydrate diet experiences
low-carbohydrate diet experiences
Sandra (31), Heerlen - overweight
I have only been on the weight loss program for 5 weeks and I have lost 4 pounds and dropped four inches around my waist without diet and without feeling hungry.
I am glad this method is not a real diet. I have tried many diets in my past and kept gaining weight over time. Elena teaches me to eat healthy and to be more aware of my diet and lifestyle.
I haven't been so creative with cooking in years. I discovered that carbohydrate-free eating can be healthy and delicious.
Moreover, I have gained a lot more energy and I feel good about myself.
Olga (63), Maastricht - diabetes 2
Thanks to low-carbohydrate eating after 5 months, I am drug-free. My sugar is under control and so is my cholesterol. By eating differently and making lifestyle changes you can dramatically improve your health! Do not do this alone, together with an expert.
Laura (55), Roermond - type 2 diabetes. An example from my practice
Last year, Laura came to my practice desperately wanting to stop taking the medication for her type 2 diabetes. She had many side effects and experienced little improvement in her health.
After a few months of healthy eating and proper exercise and lifestyle adjustments, she cut her medication in half.
After a few months, her diabetes nurse said she could stop taking the medication. Her blood sugar was under control. Not only the blood sugar but also her energy and the whole well-being improved dramatically.
What great news! Actually, we hadn't done any special things. Just adjustments in her lifestyle: healthy eating with fewer carbohydrates and right eating times, better sleep, right exercises, more relaxation and some nutritional supplements to reduce inflammation in the body and keep blood sugar levels in balance.
Contact us for personal advice or guidance with me. Guidance online is of course possible.
Nutrition & Orthomolecular therapist
VIII. My own experience losing weight with low-carbohydrate food
Years ago I was very tired and also depressed feelings. At the time I was still doing the Master in nutrition and with a small child at home.
Eating low-carbohydrates was not a real trend back then, 10 years ago. However, there have been enough studies that show the positive experiences with the low-carbohydrate diet. Of course I started the diet! Not only did I get extra energy but also my kilos fly off from the last pregnancy snack and no more depression.
It's not a diet anymore it's my lifestyle !!!
A low-carbohydrate diet or ketogenic diet is also a good natural remedy for women in transition and menopause. I am now 51 and I have much less menopausal complaints than my peers.
Thanks to low-carbohydrate food, I have now helped many people with type 2 diabetes and other conditions to reduce medicines. Food thus offers a unique advantage over pharmacotherapy!
- Reversing diabetes
- Video about the keto diet
- Nutrition as a treatment for chronic diseases (study)
- Fatigue causes
- Blood test
- Hormone research
- Peptic ulcer symptoms and treatment
- Low-carbohydrate diet experiences (one study)
- Lose weight quickly and healthily together
- Eating low carbohydrates
- Lose weight low-carbohydrate diet experiences
- Why can't lose weight