What is natural heartburn and what is heartburn?
Heartburn is the backflow of stomach contents into the esophagus. The medical name for heartburn is reflux.
Serious problems often only arise when you have been suffering from heartburn for some time. What helps against heartburn?
Heartburn Symptoms and How Can You Get Rid of Heartburn Fast?
The most common heartburn symptoms
- Bitter or sour taste in your mouth periodically or (for some people) during the day (some people taste regurgitated food or sour liquid in the back of their mouth / throat)
- Waking up in the middle of the night feeling like you are choking or coughing
- Dry mouth
- Gum irritation, including tenderness and bleeding
- Bad breath
- Bloating after meals
- Nausea or vomiting
- Belching, gas and flatulence after meals
- Hiccups that are difficult to stop
- Difficulty swallowing (a possible sign of narrowing of the esophagus)
- Unexpected weight loss
- Hoarseness on waking or during the day
- Chronic throat irritation, pain and dryness
What helps against heartburn? How can you get rid of heartburn quickly?
- Often people with heartburn have too little stomach acid. Sounds crazy but it is true.
- Try to eat/drink something sour. Water with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or cabbage/cabbage juice or sauerkraut. Do not put much 1/2-1 tsp in the glass of water. Do you have more stomach problems than stop immediately. This is possible to swear that must be treated first.
- If you take antacids when you have too little stomach acid, you will upset the entire digestive system. In addition, it is a perfect condition for stomach bacteria to grow in alkaline environment.
- As a result, nutrients from the diet can no longer be properly absorbed and eventually you get a shortage of important nutrients in your body.
- Try to use orthomolecular betaine supplement that contains pepsin, not for stomach ulcer.
- Propolis, a bee product.
- Licorice tea or in supplement form
Before you start with the antacids, try the natural methods first.
You usually get the antacids for free from your doctor, but do you really need them? Those drugs were made for a temporary use and not annually!
An appropriate diet is a good start! You usually feel better after 1 or 2 days. If you don't know where to start, I'd love to hear from you.
Take a test for Helicobacter pylori | Stomach bacteria
Before you try to do something about your stomach pain and heartburn. Do a test first Helicobacter pylori / Stomach bacteria. This can be done through your doctor via stool or breath test.
If it is not arranged you can always knock on my door and we will arrange it.
Those stomach bacteria cause stomach ulcers and then water with lemon juice and ginger would not help you and will hurt you more.
If you experience pain in your stomach after drinking water with lemon juice, it is most likely that you have stomach inflammation (gastritis) or stomach ulcers.
Own experience with heartburn. And what helps against heartburn.
- In the past I myself suffered from the stomach ulcer which was caused by the stomach bacteria, Helicobacter pylori.
- It was belching, fast full stomach, abdominal pain after eating, heartburn. Especially a lot of belching at night and heartburn feeling in my throat. I could eat little and tolerate little food.
- I received advice from my GP to use antacids. I was desperate and started on the antacids. They worked for maybe a week and then less and less. I also noticed that my nails were less strong, hair fell out! This means that nutrients were not absorbed and intestines cannot produce enough substances such as vitamins B, hormones, etc.
- Fortunately, I was then busy with my studies (master in Nutrition and later on orthomolecular medicine) and started experimenting with nutrition and nutritional supplements.
- I eventually got that under control the natural way. In addition, my overall health improved many times over!
- What is a natural heartburn remedy? There are plenty of remedies to try, but first check that you don't have stomach bacteria or ulcers.
- In practice I help many people to remedy and resolve heartburn complaints. Sometimes it is enough just to change your diet 🙂
- We are all different and we don't have the same complaints. Therefore, there is no protocol that is right for everyone to treat heartburn.
- Work with a specialist, with someone who understands and does not just take antacids because they are free.
Which fruit or vegetable for heartburn. Natural remedy for heartburn.
These remedies can quickly remedy against
- Ginger: Is anti-inflammatory and aids digestion. Make a strong tea or use fresh if you can tolerate.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera's juice helps with the acid / base balance of the digestive system and reduces yeast fermentation. Fermentation occurs when there is an overgrowth of the common yeast in intestines. This causes a fermentation process that leads to an increase in intra-abdominal pressure.
- Cabbage and cabbage juice: Help well against acid regurgitation.
- Fennel: A perennial plant also categorized as a vegetable has been shown to improve gastric function by balancing the pH (acidity). Add fennel to soups and salads. It is a wonderful way to use this important herb.
- Organic Chicken or Turkey: These meats are low in fat and easy to digest. Make sure to chew it well before swallowing to activate the proper enzymes that aid in digestion.
- Parsley: This fantastic herb has been used for thousands of years to calm the stomach and aid in digestion.
To quickly cure heartburn avoid the following foods
- Alcohol: Leads to inflammation and puts stress on the liver.
- Tomatoes: Contains two types of acids: citric acid and malic acid. Both are triggers for acid reflux. The cells in our stomach, called parietal cells, make an acid that naturally helps the stomach break down foods. For some, consuming tomatoes adds more acid than the stomach needs and this is pushed back into the esophagus causing heartburn.
- Citrus fruits: As with tomatoes, citrus fruits also contain citric acid. This can trigger stomach acid when our stomach has too much citric acid produced by the parietal cells in our stomach. This acid is used to break down food, however; too much citric acid is pushed back up the esophagus and that causes acid reflux.
- Carbonated drinks: Affects digestive system in negative way increasing growth of yeast and bad bacteria.
- Refined sugar and carbohydrates: These cause bacterial overgrowth and candida.
What to do about heartburn? Natural remedy for heartburn.
Chew your food well and relax while you eat.
Most of us swallow without actually taking the time to chew food properly. When our food is not properly broken down, this leads to indigestion.
- One of the causes of low stomach acid is H. Pylori
- Candida natural treatment
- Peptic ulcer symptoms, diet and natural treatment
- Treating fibromyalgia naturally
- Arthritis treatment
- Low-carbohydrate food
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Restore intestinal flora naturally
- Which fruit for heartburn
- Against stomach acid
- Cure heartburn quickly
- What helps against heartburn
- Heartburn remedy of course
- Natural remedies for heartburn
- natural remedy for low stomach acid