Leaky gut syndrome symptoms, gut flora, testing, food intolerance, the diet and its link to autoimmune diseases
What is Leaky Gut? Leaky gut syndrome symptoms and autoimmune diseases
- Tight junctions in the intestinal wall allow water and nutrients to pass through, while blocking the passage of harmful substances.
- Gut permeability refers to how easily substances pass through the intestinal wall.
- When the narrow openings of the intestinal wall loosen, the intestine becomes more permeable, allowing bacteria and toxins from the intestine to enter the bloodstream.
- This phenomenon is called “leaky gut”.
- When the intestine “leaks”, bacteria and toxins can enter the bloodstream, so to all organs and brains
- This can cause extensive inflammation and possibly an immune system response.
Leaky gut syndrome symptoms
- Bloated stomach feeling
- Leaky gut rashes, you don't expect your gut, but this is often a problem.
- Food sensitivities
- Thyroid disorders
- Joint pain
- Skin complaints such as rosacea or eczema, leaky gut rash
- Digestive Problems
- Weight gain
If the leaky gut wall is not repaired, it can lead to more serious health problems such as:
Leaky gut syndrome treatment | An orthomolecular & holistic therapy
If someone has chronic conditions, is often sick and/or chronically tired or has a leaky gut rash, then there is no point in fighting symptoms.
In my practice we look deeper, at the cause of the condition: parasites, yeasts, nutrition, intestines, intestinal flora or hormonal disturbances. That is why laboratory tests and extensive questionnaires are indispensable in my orthomolecular & holistic therapy.
Do you have a autoimmune disease like arthritis or MS? Do you suffer from the intestines? Do you want more energy? Or just ask questions to an expert? Then I would like to hear it.
A leaky gut syndrome test
- The first step to curing leaky gut syndrome is through the examination of the stool determine whether you have developed the condition.
- Which is important because the symptoms of leaky gut are often mistakenly attributed to many other health conditions. Here are the tests I recommend to determine if you have leaky gut syndrome.
The intestinal examination (via stool)
- Zonulin controls the size of the gaps between the intestinal wall and the bloodstream. Even in healthy people, small gaps between the two are needed to transport nutrients back and forth
- Abnormally high levels of zonulin can cause these openings to become too large
What causes zonulin levels to rise?
- Most of the time gluten, parasites, candida yeast and harmful bacteria do.
- A leaky gut test can reveal how high zonulin levels are, giving you a good idea of your gut permeability
- It is important to correct zonulin levels right away because, over time, further damage occurs in the gut “microvilli”, the tiny cell membranes that line the intestines and absorb nutrients from food.
Leaky gut syndrome. The stool examination
Leaky gut syndrome. The stool examination. Why is it important?
- A stool test looks at favorable bacteria levels
- The state of intestinal immune function
- Overall gut health and inflammation markers
- In addition, fecal matter can reveal probiotic levels along with microbes in the gut, both the good and the bad.
- It also reveals information about pathogenic microorganisms such as yeast, parasites and bacteria that can contribute to leaky gut, chronic disease and neurological dysfunction such as mood swings or "brain fog"
Food Intolerance Test | Leaky gut syndrome test
Leaky gut syndrome test. The blood test. Why is it important?
If you think you have leaky gut, you may need to identify food sensitivities. Most people with leaky gut develop nutritional sensitivities - and ignoring them can make the condition worse.
Why does leaky gut cause sensitivities and food allergies? Leaky gut syndrome and its link with autoimmune diseases
- According to the Journal of Diabetes, there is strong evidence that leaky gut syndrome is a leading cause of autoimmune diseases, including type 1 diabetes
- When larger particles and toxins in the bloodstream end up that normally shouldn't be possible, it goes immune system in “overreaction”.
- Gut hyperpermeability causes the body to produce high levels of antibodies, hoping to protect the body from dangerous particles.
- This means that the immune system is extra careful and reactive. It tends to react negatively to food that it used to be better tolerated, especially foods such as gluten and dairy products.
IV. Natural treatment of leaky gut syndrome with diet
Recover leaky gut syndrome with diet.
- Bone broth Bone broth contains collagen and the amino acids proline and glycine that can help heal your damaged cell walls.
- Raw dairy - Contains both probiotics and short chain fatty acids (SCFAs) that can help heal the gut. Kefir, yogurt, amasai, butter, and raw cheese are among the best probiotic foods.
- Fermented vegetables - contain organic acids that balance gut pH and probiotics to support the gut. Sauerkraut, kimchi, combucha, or kvass are excellent sources.
- Coconut products - all coconut products are particularly good for your intestines. The medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) in coconut are easier to digest than other fats, so they work well for leaky gut. Coconut kefir also contains probiotics that support digestion.
- Sprouted seeds - Sprouted chia seeds, flax seeds and hemp seeds are great sources of fiber that can support the growth of beneficial bacteria. But if you have severely leaky gut, you may need to start with fiber from steamed fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy fats Consuming healthy fats such as egg yolks, avocados, ghee and coconut oil in moderation are easy on the gut and promote healing. Omega-3 Fats - Anti-inflammatory foods like grass-fed beef, lamb, and wild-caught fish like salmon are good sources for the damaged gut. These help to restore leaky gut symptoms.
- Fruit. Consuming 1 to 2 servings of fruit per day is good for a leaky gut diet. You can steam apples and pears to make homemade applesauce or fruit sauce. Fruit is best consumed in the morning and not later in the day and keep fruit intake in moderation.
Leaky gut syndrome treatment
Fix leaky gut symptoms with nutritional supplements
- Probiotics (50-100 billion units per day) - This is the most important supplement to take as it helps replenish good bacteria and crowd out bad bacteria. I recommend getting probiotics in both food and supplement form.
- Digestive Enzymes (1-2 capsules with each meal) - These allow food to be fully digested, reducing the chance that partially digested food particles and proteins will damage your gut wall.
- L-Glutamine - essential for any program designed to cure leaky gut. Glutamine powder is an essential amino acid supplement that is anti-inflammatory and necessary for the growth and repair of your gut wall.
- Licorice root - an adaptogenic herb that balances cortisol levels and improves acid production in the stomach. Licorice root supports the body's natural processes to maintain the mucous membranes of the stomach and duodenum. Will also be included adrenal fatigue used.
- Shilajit - A tarry medicinal herb widely used in Ayurvedic medicine, shilajt can protect against stomach ulcers and reduce inflammation caused or aggravated by leaky bowels.
Leaky gut cause
- infections (inflammation) in the stomach and intestines
- frequent use of NSAID drugs
- food allergies or intolerances such as those to grains or dairy
- candidas and fungi
- toxic substances (such as from Roundap, namely a harmful substance glyphosate that can cause serious illness)
Leaky Gut Syndrome Treatment | Leaky gut rash | Leaky gut syndrome symptoms
- The blood test
- Leaky gut syndrome linked to autoimmune diseases
- Peptic ulcer symptoms and treatment
- Leaky gut studies
- A study: The link between glyphosate (pesticide) and Celiac disease and gluten intolerance
- A study: glyphosate and modern diseases
- IBS symptoms
- Long-term diarrhea and treatment
- Treating Eczema
- Processing trauma with essential oils
- leaky gut syndrome treatment
- Leaky gut syndrome test
- Leaky gut syndrome diet
- Leaky gut rash
- leaky gut syndrome symptoms